running with broken cameras
Running WFCAM with fewer than four cameras
1) Run down the OCS and WFCAM low level software
2) cd /jac_sw/itsroot/src/oracda/scripts/
3) edit orac_env.vws
change the second from last line from wfcamInit1234 to e.g.,
wfcamInit124 (i.e., leave out the number/s of the camera you don't want
4) save the file, exit editor and then type "make"
5) run up wfcamControl as normal, but run up the low level software
individually for each camera except, obviously, the camera that is not
6) DO NOT use the status button for all cameras, instead use the
individual status buttons for each camera
7) add inst and enable arrays in the normal way
8) when finished, disable and ocs_down as normal
9) run down the low level software for each camera individually
Changing wfcamMenu to use fewer than four cameras (old)
2) edit wfcamMenu.tcl
3) comment out all lines that deal
with the camera that isn't working (i.e., if it's camera 3, all lines
with camera3 in them could be commented out).
4) type "make"